Cherrie Woods is the Self-Published Authors' PR Guru!
“Between 600,000 and 1,000,000 books are published every year in the US—as many as half are self-published.” — Nick Morgan, Forbes.com
Cherrie Woods, founder of Eclectic PR has become the go-to-public relations (PR) expert /coach for self-published authors. A self-published author herself, Woods has worked with several authors on all aspects of their PR and marketing needs.
"I help authors learn how to build a following for their books and learn what public relations (PR) can do for them at an affordable customized rate."
There is no one-fits-all strategy for her clients. Woods' customized services include:
- Public Relations (PR) coaching to help you understand what PR is and what you need to do to make PR strategies effective
- Selecting a Book Cover - help you understand the elements needed to have an effective book cover
- Branding – assist you in understanding what your brand is by teaching you how to create a consistent look or messaging via your website, social media, book covers, etc.
- Media Relations (Publicity) – book media interviews, interview training, write talking points
- Secure Book Readings/Signings
- Facilitating PR workshops for public or customized workshops for your group/organization
Cherrie Woods Speaks About Branding your book covers on Maryland Public Television!
I appreciate Cherrie’s enthusiasm, work ethic and focus. She gave my campaign her max effort. While I was not initially enthusiastic about redesigning the book cover, the new design was a very positive change as was the focus on website improvements and an enhanced social media presence.
- William G. Herbert-author "A Place Near the Front.
In one hour of discussing Cherrie's PR Toolkit Assessment of my website and use of social media, I saw how I could better utilize my dollars to reach my readership and improve the branding of my capabilities and messages.
- Angela Riddick - founder Poetic Mustard Seeds (Washington, D.C.)
I appreciated that Cherrie Woods held me accountable every step of the way. I also enjoyed our brainstorming sessions for my website, book cover and PR Plans. Cherrie has me excited again about my writing projects.
- Deliah Lawrence - author Gotta Let it Go (Columbia, MD)
Cherrie got me a tremendous amount of PR and exposure in a short period of time. I appreciated her ideas, energy, and professionalism.
- Jennifer S. Matthews, author "12 Ways to Put Money in Your Pocket Without a Part-Time Job" (Baltimore, MD)